March 22-24, 2021 I Washington, D.C.
IN-PERSON EVENT • VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE
Empowering workplace leaders to advocate on Capitol Hill and on the job.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR ADVOCACY@WORK 2021.
THE ADVOCACY@WORK EXPERIENCE
Advocacy@Work is a "roll-up your sleeves" experience straight from the Nation's Capital for workplace leaders to learn how to best advocate effectively for themselves and their organizations at the national, state, and local levels.
Learn from shared best practices, including “on the ground” advocacy experiences, challenges, and success stories.
Receive timely advocacy training and put those new skills into action during exclusive Capitol Hill visits.
Network with other attendees and build strategic relationships with policymakers.
Leave feeling confident and empowered to advocate for yourself, your organization, and to elevate the voice of HR now and for future workers to come.
WHY ATTEND ADVOCACY@WORK 2021?
You and your fellow HR professionals impact the lives and work of over 115 million people in the workforce. In your role, you understand that the people make or break an organization’s success. And, you know that fair workplace policies are crucial for all workers to thrive. Advocacy@Work 2021 will train you in persuasive communication, giving you the learning and tools you need to become an even stronger leader in your workplace and to advance your career.
SHAPE POLICY WITH ADVOCACY TRAINING
Roll up your sleeves at Advocacy@Work and learn how to develop and use your voice to change workplace public policy at the national, state, and local levels. You’ll learn from subject matter experts and Capitol Hill veterans on how to craft structured arguments that can be applied to advocating on the Hill and on the job.
ADVOCATE ON THE HILL
On Advocacy Day, you’ll have the exclusive opportunity to elevate the HR profession by letting Members of Congress know, in person, how pending workplace legislation directly affects you as an HR professional, your workplaces and your communities. This rewarding day will benefit both your organization and the entire HR profession.
FIND YOUR VOICE
Advocacy looks different for each person. Some do it to improve HR overall, some aim to help make sure policies improve their jobs, and others do it to help improve their lives in and out of the workplace. Join other HR professionals just like you as they connect together to elevate the voice of HR for all.
Get the Latest Advocacy@Work 2021 News
ADVOCACY@WORK 2021 CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER POLICY*
- All registration transfers or cancellations must be in writing using our online form.
- Confirmed registrants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $250 cancellation fee until January 29, 2021. Fifty percent (50%) of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received from January 30 – March 12, 2021. Cancellations received after March 12, 2021, are nonrefundable.
- An additional cancellation fee of $75 will be charged for each conference add on included in your registration.
- If SHRM cancels or postpones an event, attendees can transfer their registration to another SHRM event within the next 12 calendar months at no additional cost.
- If an attendee cancels their registration, they have the option to transfer the registration to another SHRM event, but are responsible for paying any price difference (if applicable).
- Attendees who do not attend the event and/or do not contact SHRM via written correspondence during the set window as directed above will be responsible for the full attendee registration fee.
- If a SHRM member transfers their registration to a nonmember, the nonmember must do one of two things: Pay the difference of the SHRM member and nonmember price at the time of transfer, or become a SHRM member at the time of transfer.
*Policy subject to change
Contact Us | 800.283.SHRM (7476)
SHRM provides content as a service to its readers and members. It does not offer legal advice, and cannot guarantee the accuracy or suitability of its content for a particular purpose.